Saturday, September 16, 2006

Loneliness



This solitary wildflower portrays a sense of loneliness as it sways with the wind. Capturing it was difficult due partly to the nature of my macro lens (which required me to zoom in to 300mm, thus every slight movement from the subject as well as the photographer was amplified several times). I didn't do too well with this shot, but it was a great learning experience.

For all you budding macro photographers out there, remember to use a high aperture setting (in the 11s or so) or you're gonna end up with a shallow DOF like I have here.

If there's one thing I really love about this photo, it's the bokeh. The complete lack of distractions in the background helps the flower to stand out from the photo.

I promise to do better as I practice more. :)

5 comments:

Wra5 said...

Muy buenas fotos!! :)

get zapped said...

Gorgeous!

Guatyen said...

it's beautiful! lesson learned: flower is beautiful as it is, even with the imperfection of petals. so too is life/human, it is just naturally perfect to be imperfect.

Anonymous said...

i love this, it makes me want to go out and work on my bokeh more!

Anonymous said...

I like how you captured the flower from your mistake that seem to be more vivid. so dont be so hard on yourself.

Labels

Search the web

Custom Search

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux Listed on BlogShares

website tracker

Donations

Feeling generous? Make a donation to 'Life In Still Mode' to help continue the daily posting of photographs for your viewing pleasure. No obligations. :)

Copyright (C) All Rights Reserved

All content on this website are under full copyright and may not be used for any other purpose unless with explicit permission from the owner / photographer / content manager.